Thursday, June 24, 2010

Groom Wedding Speech - Write a Speech That Will Stun Everyone

When planning for your wedding, one of the most important aspects that you must consider is your wedding speech. This is your chance to really impress your bride and her family. Hopefully you have already met the most important parts of her family. Her parents, brothers and sisters, however never underestimate the power of impressing her entire family.

So how do you do that? Well I did it with a truckload of humor. Not that my speech was like attending a comedian show, but I made sure that the audience was laughing a lot during my speech.

I took all the parts of my speech that were emotional, and made them funny. This was also a perfect way of making it a lot easier for me to deliver the speech. I'm most definitely not a great speaker. Actually this was my first time making a public speech. And I dreaded it many weeks before the big day.

But when I decided to use humor as the main element of my speech, I felt a lot better and a lot more secure about my own ability to deliver the speech. It took some time, and some help from a couple of good friends to make it work, but IT really worked!

So how did I go about planning for my speech? Well first of all me and my fiancé sat down together and made a plan for what to say and who was supposed to say it. Then I made a list of topics in the order of which they would appear in the speech. After this I tried to find some funny situations regarding the topics that I was supposed to talk about.

After making this list of topics and finding funny stories, I wrote the stories together, and invited a couple of friends over. We had dinner and quite a few beers, and then I presented my speech to them. They gave me great feedback, and I was able to make some changes to the speech a few days after. This was a really great way to make sure that I was able to make people laugh during my speech.

I will really recommend that you do the same!

If you want more tips on how to write your groom wedding speech, then check out my blog.






Aticle Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Casper_G http://www.mybestgroomweddingspeech.com







No comments:

Post a Comment